Nov 16, 2012
9:00 am - 3:00 pm at the Jersey City Campus
"Who Has the Access C.O.D.E.? Positioning a Generation for the Best Careers, Opportunities, and Diversity through Education
Our annual higher education conference is fast approaching! This year, we have organized a powerful and intriguing community of speakers and presenters to talk about the current educational and professional realities facing this generation.
Our Keynote Speaker is Camelia Valdes, Passaic County Prosecutor, who made history as the first Latina county prosecutor in the State of New Jersey, the first woman prosecutor in Passaic County, and the first lead prosecutor of Dominican ancestry in the United States.
Other workshops include:
- The Role of Corporate, Non-Profit and Government Employers In Positioning this Generation to Navigate Diversity
- The Screwed Generation? A response to recent articles about the fate of the Millennial Generation
- The Question About ACCESS & School Choice in New Jersey
- Multicultural Education: Serving the Underserved and Undocumented
- Digital Access: Technology and the Digital Divide
- The Value of a General Liberal Arts Education and the Practical Application of Professional Studies: Keys for Access and Professional Success
- ACCESS Beyond the Degree: Retooling and developing job skills to provide you access in a knowledge-based society
- Affirmative Action and Diversity: The Legal Landscape for Access and Diversity Initiatives since the Bakke Decision
The American Conference on Diversity
The American Conference on Diversity is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization headquartered in New Jersey, with the mission to value diversity, educate and empower leaders and promote inclusion and respect in schools, workplaces and communities. We believe the organization's work is among the most important activities we can participate in to create a positive, inclusive society. Our work opens minds, educating and empowering our current, emerging and next generation of leaders, community members and work force, with the goal to create communities that have a culture of inclusiveness and embrace diversity.
www.americanconferenceondiversity.org109 Church Street | New Brunswick, NJ 08901 | 732.745.9330